2. Running socks: running socks are designed for runners who pursue fine and breathable running socks. Today's high-performance socks not only keep your feet dry and comfortable, but they act as padding and support for your feet, and running socks can provide support and help prevent slippage.
3. Ski socks: when skiing, socks are too low, the skin comes into direct contact with the inner boot of the snowshoe, which is prone to swelling and pain due to abrasion, so ski socks are designed to be long (high sock waist) is very necessary.
4. Basketball socks: basketball socks are divided into two kinds of high waist and low waist. The use of stockings on the basketball court is very different from that on the soccer field: soccer players always have stockings up to the knee, which are designed to fix the guard of the calf's frontal bone, while basketball stockings, although they also have the effect of tightly wrapping the calf muscles, are far less protective of movement than soccer stockings, which are so huge.
Running is not only about choosing a good pair of running shoes, a pair of suitable socks is also important, so how should we choose the right running socks for ourselves?
1. Material: refuse pure cotton socks
(Cotton socks are not moisture wicking and not smooth, they absorb a lot of sweat and can easily lead to blisters)
Professional running socks should be made of several blends of man-made fibers including nylon, polyester and spandex, which are affordable, durable and not easily worn by the feet. Or you can choose wool socks.
2. Thickness: wear-resistant, but not too thick
Socks with a certain thickness can play a cushioning role, which can reduce the pressure at the foot and knee.
3. The Fit of the Foot
Good socks are designed to maximize the fit of the foot to the shoe. The foot position contains the toe to the heel, the last and the arch of the back of the foot to prevent abrasions, abrasions or blisters from sliding.
4. Auxiliary Heat Dissipation Partition
If there is an auxiliary heat dissipation partition, then there must be a special weave in the arch and forefoot position, and the fabric density variation and boundary of the arch part is very clear. Can make us more comfortable during the running process.
5. Toe Sewing
The stitching inside the socks is in direct contact with the skin. Turn the socks inside out and touch them, they must be soft to the touch and feel whether the stitching may cause foot rubbing problems.
The simplest way to achieve thicker socks is the most familiar terry knitting method, which is often referred to as terry socks or terry socks. Terry socks must be thicker than ordinary flat socks. But there is a lot to be said about how thick they are! Here we will analyze a few factors that determine the thickness of terry socks.
1.The higher the terry is, the thicker the thickness is. General terry height are in 3 to 4 mm. Badminton or high requirements for the thickness of sports socks will generally require to do 5 mm, which is generally known as high terry in the factory. If you need higher terry, you need to modify the sock machine and use special needle, which is also more time-consuming and laborious. But personally, I do not recommend the pursuit of thick. Because anything is a boundary will be converted, for example, the thickness represents wear and friction resistance and shock absorption. But more than a degree, the pursuit of thickness, then it will bring such as with the sneakers between the stuffing too tight, between the feet and shoes due to the thickness of the increased lack of feedback and freedom of dexterity movements and other related issues.
2. Yarn roots knitting socks yarn like we twist twine, is two yarns twisted into a share or three yarns twisted into a share certainly not the same. This consumer is not noticeable. But the objective physical feel is still there, three yarn knitting terry socks than two yarn knitting is certainly more solid and thick. The most intuitive understanding, but also know that there is a one-third difference in raw materials. But consumers can't tell the difference between three yarns and two yarns if they don't compare.
3. What is the yarn count? It can be understood as the thickness of each yarn. The yarn count of general sports socks is 32, the larger the number the finer the yarn, for example, 40, and the smaller the number the coarser the yarn, for example, 24. However, it is worth noting that the smaller the count and the thicker the yarn, the better. Why? Because thicker yarns are generally lower grade cotton yarns, and to pull out high count yarns (finer yarns) you need your raw material to be good enough and fine enough. That's why high count yarns are highly respected in the home textile industry. Because the skin-friendly, better comfort, more delicate. But in the sports socks Shutu has tried 40 counts, indeed fine, but for sports socks may be the best balance of 32 counts.
4. The density of socks is set on the sock machine, generally the higher the density value, the tighter the socks, but this parameter can not be felt, only to feel the texture and comparison to have a concept.
Summary: The thickness (density) of sports socks is determined by the following four factors: 1. terry height 2. yarn count 3. yarn count 4. sock density.
Have you ever had such an experience in your life? After wearing a pair of unsuitable socks, your feet become numb and swollen, and your skin becomes bad. Poor quality socks are so tight that the ankles are not only strangled with deep red marks, but the seams of the toe socks rub more and more, even leading to breakage of the skin of the feet...
As we all know, diabetic foot is a more common complication for diabetic patients, mainly because of the narrowing or blockage of blood vessels in the lower limbs, which significantly reduces the blood flow supply to the foot and makes it easy to combine with serious infections, and the wounds do not heal easily, eventually forming ulcers and even requiring amputation in serious cases.
As diabetic patients are also prone to peripheral neuropathy, the protective sensation of the foot is reduced or lost, and once there is inflammation, trauma, etc., patients often cannot sense it in time. Therefore, diabetic patients should not underestimate the importance of socks, which are inseparable every day, otherwise they will lose a lot of money for nothing.
So how do you choose an appropriate pair of socks?
1. Choose cotton plus chemical fiber blended socks. Many people think that cotton socks are good, but they are not. Cotton socks are absorbent, but they do not dry easily, and they have poor moisture dispersion, which makes it easy for the feet to breed bacteria. Cotton socks are also better than other socks in terms of warmth, and with winter coming, it is especially important for diabetics to keep their feet warm.
2. Choose socks of lighter color. The peripheral nerve lesions in the feet of diabetic patients make their protective senses diminished or even lost, and sometimes they do not feel the ulcers in their feet. If the secretion leaks onto the light-colored socks, it can be detected at a glance when putting on and taking off clothes.
3. Refuse to wear tight elastic socks. The blood supply to the feet of diabetic patients is inherently low, and socks with greater elasticity tend to tighten on the feet, aggravating the blood flow disorders in the feet, thus leading to ischemia and rupture of the feet. It is better to choose socks with cushioned vibration absorbing pad technology, which are not very thick and breathable in themselves, absorbing vibrations and effectively preventing foot trauma in diabetic patients.
4. Pay attention to the sock cut. In the process of selecting socks, choose socks with better handmade materials. These socks use careful treatment on the seams of the top of the socks, which can prevent the sock seams from causing more friction on the feet and causing damage.
5. Pay attention to the cuff of the socks. It is best to choose socks with special knitting technology. Ordinary socks are too tight and not suitable for diabetic patients. Socks with special knitting technology are not too tight and are good for promoting blood circulation in the feet and legs.
So fundamentally speaking, the difference between sports socks and ordinary socks lies in the degree of every detail and the degree of adaptation to different sports characteristics.
Here is an example of badminton (basketball, tennis equivalent).
The footsteps of badminton have a lot of sudden changes and stops, so the protection of the feet (anti-wear) becomes particularly important, and the most important thing to meet this attribute is to be thick, which is why all badminton enthusiasts love thick socks.
So is it enough to be thick? If so. Then three pairs of ordinary socks sets, the effect is not the same.
This involves the second attribute, wrapping power
The thickness of a few pairs of socks is enough (in fact, the structure of the terry socks is different from the feeling of three pairs of flat socks. The structure of the terry determines that it can accommodate more air and space for buffering, so the foot feels better than a few A pair of flat socks are much more comfortable).
If the tightness of several pairs of socks is not the same, it is easy to have various folds and the hidden danger of foot rubbing when playing, and if the socks are too loose, it is likely to slip off directly.
Therefore, professional badminton socks should have better wrapping power, that is, they have obvious covering and tightness when worn on the feet so that the shoes and socks are more heeled and less likely to wrinkle and affect the feeling of the feet. It can even provide a certain amount of support to the ankle, and studies have shown that putting more pressure on the foot can promote blood return and enhance sports performance (this is the principle of compression stockings)
Then, the third attribute of a pair of excellent sports socks is derived from the wrapping force, durability, or functional life.
The life span of sports socks is generally longer than that of ordinary socks.
Because it's thick!
Some people wear ordinary socks, which are short for three to five days, or three to five weeks long, and they will wear out the big toe or heel.
But if you wear terry sports socks, they won't wear out for three to five months.
For a pair of sports socks, the most likely to affect the life span is the wrapping power. Once the wrapping power is lost, the socks will not follow the foot, even like a sack on the foot.
Summarize the three biggest attributes of professional sports socks and ordinary socks, namely: thickness, wrapping power, and durability.
Our body's sweat glands are distributed throughout the body, but the sweat glands on the feet are particularly concentrated, so the feet tend to sweat more. Of course, foot sweat also has some role to play, the proper secretion of sweat glands can keep the soles of the feet suitable for moist, appropriate to reduce foot friction while preventing walking slippery. Normally, we don't feel the sweating too much, and we don't have an obvious foot odor. We have about 250,000 sweat glands on each pair of feet, which excrete 1/16th of a gallon of water vapor, salt, and sulfuric acid per day, and often more than 1/16th of a gallon when we exercise and our body temperature gets high. Therefore, if you exercise a lot and sweat a lot, or sweat a lot in hot summer weather, you will easily have the problem of sweaty feet.
Foot odor is related to the foot environment
If you wear shoes and socks that do not fit your feet or are made of non-breathable materials, you will easily get smothered with foot sweat, and it may often lead to the inability to expel hot and humid air from the shoes and the inability to get outside air in, so the temperature inside the shoes will rise and eventually form foot odor.
Negligent cleaning of the feet
The feet sweat a lot every day, and if the feet and their shoes and socks are not cleaned properly, they are also prone to foot odor. Focus on foot cleaning, daily foot washing is necessary, not just a simple rinse, but also clean the toe crevices and other places, these places are often easy to hide dirt. Clean feet can also use anti-bacterial soap or other cleaning products to help get rid of foot odor. Or use warm water to soak your feet every day, which can also be good for cleaning your feet, there is a relaxing effect. Shoes and socks are changed and cleaned every day, and they can be disinfected and sterilized if necessary. In addition, waste-aging keratin on the feet tends to accumulate, and the thick keratin layer may also have an odor when dipping into the shoes for a long time, so you can clean the aging keratin on the feet regularly.
Foot infection foot fungus
Foot odor is also a cause of foot odor, in addition to their sweat caused by foot odor situation, infection foot odor also exists fungus this influence factor, causing a variety of conditions coexist, will also cause a kind of foot odor and foot odor problem. However, at this time not only physical factors (sweaty, unclean feet and shoes and socks, etc.) play a role, but also fungal infectious diseases such as foot fungus, which often require antifungal treatment to restore the health of the skin of the feet, as well as to eliminate foot odor.
It should be noted, however, that hot and humid climates are contributing factors to the high incidence of dermatophyte infections. Insufficient breathability of shoes and socks, sweaty feet, and negligent cleaning can aggravate foot odor and trigger foot odor. You should pay attention to prevention daily, pay strict attention to personal hygiene, dry your toes in time after washing your feet, wear breathable cotton shoes and socks, avoid long-term water immersion of your feet, use anti-sweat agents and antifungal dispersions when your palms and plants are sweaty, and keep your shoes and socks and feet clean and dry. Do not share nail clippers, shoes and socks, bathtubs, towels, and other items with others to avoid infection.
Copper fiber belongs to the antibacterial fiber, is a functional fiber, can block the spread of disease, hygiene and cleanliness, antibacterial textiles have an important role, generally divided into natural antibacterial fiber and artificial antibacterial fiber. Among them, the addition of metal ion type antimicrobial agent artificial antimicrobial fiber in recent years, the rapid development. It has a high degree of safety, does not produce drug resistance and other characteristics, especially its excellent heat resistance and chemical stability, has been widely used in the field of fibers. Inorganic antimicrobial agents most commonly used metal ions are mainly silver, copper and zinc.
First, the direct interaction between the copper surface and the bacterial outer membrane ruptures the bacterial outer membrane; afterwards, the copper surface acts on the broken hole in the bacterial outer membrane, depriving the cell of essential nutrients and water until it atrophies.
The outer membrane of all cells, including single-celled organisms such as bacteria, has a stable microcurrent, commonly referred to as the "membrane potential". To be more precise, it is the voltage difference between the inside and outside of the cell. It is likely that a short circuit occurs in the cell membrane when contact occurs between the bacteria and the copper surface, which weakens the cell membrane and creates a hole.
Another way to create holes in bacterial cell membranes is through local oxidation and rusting, which occurs when a single copper molecule or copper ion breaks free from the copper surface and impacts the cell membrane (protein or fatty acid). If the impact is aerobic, we call it "oxidative damage" or "rusting".
Since the main protection of the cell (outer membrane) has been breached, the copper ion flow can enter the interior of the cell unimpeded. Some important processes inside the cell are disrupted. Copper really takes control of the inside of the cell and hinders cellular metabolism (e.g. biochemical reactions necessary for life). Metabolic reactions are driven by enzymes, and when too much copper binds to such enzymes they become inactive. Bacteria will then be unable to breathe, feed, digest and produce energy.
Therefore, copper can kill 99% of bacteria on its surface including Staphylococcus aureus and Escherichia coli, providing a good antibacterial effect.
Application of Copper Fiber Antibacterial Textiles
What is a copper infued knee sleeves?
Copper-infused knee sleeves are used to help combat some of the pain and provide much-needed support, also designed to provide support for muscle and joint stiffness and soreness, as well as aid in recovery and performance by supporting improved circulation and oxygenation.For this reason, they're popular with Olympic weightlifters and powerlifters. Knee sleeves also help with your technique by aligning and supporting crucial parts, allowing you to perform better during squats and lower body workouts.
How can a knee sleeves help my running?
Although we often associate braces with support or pain relief its most important function is likely to be something called proprioception. This is feedback from the sensors in the joint to the brain telling it how and when it is moving. When the knee is injured this feedback can be reduced and in certain cases a knee brace can serve to help this situation.
- Structural Support:
The most common use of knee braces is for patients who are recovering from a knee injury such as ligament tear, as a knee brace provides some support which can aid recovery. However, the types of braces used fall under the ‘Advanced’ category. As medical equipment, they shouldn’t be worn unless they have been prescribed by a medical professional.
- Pain Relief
Wearing a knee brace can bring some comfort to those suffering from chronic pain caused by conditions such as osteoarthritis.
How to Choose the Correct Knee Brace Size?
To ensure you get the benefits from the knee brace that you seek, you must measure for the correct size. When measuring, make sure you are standing up with your leg straight. If you are doing the measurement yourself or are unable to stand, sit on the edge of a chair with your leg straight out in front of you and your heel on the floor. Take a look at the individual sizing chart for the specific brace you are ordering it.
To find which knee sleeves works best for you, ask your doctor to examine your knee. A doctor will know best if you should use a hinged knee brace to help keep your joint stable or if you should use a compression sleeve to help with mild pain.
Remember, you'll want to have a feeling of tightness in your knee when using a knee sleeves . The brace should feel comfortable and provide a level of support necessary based on your individualized needs. However, if the brace is uncomfortably tight and you're losing circulation, loosen the straps or choose a bigger size.
Do the Copper Infused Socks Really Work?
Our copper infuded socks are made of 80% combed, cotton/20% and copper yarn. It’s the copper ion-infused yarn that makes copper compression socks better than regular ones. Copper has special anti-microbial and healing effects that make it the ultimate element to add to compression socks.
6 Benefits of Copper Socks
- Prevents soreness
Being on your feet all day long can be painful and exhausting. At the end of the day, you go home with sore feet.
Copper compression socks provide light compression. This helps in regulating the intravenous blood flow. It also helps increase oxygen and blood circulation to the feet.
It reduces the chances of lactic acid building up in the muscles, which is the main cause of soreness.
- Reduces swelling and aches
Do you have a 12-hour shift, most of which is spent standing? Then you must be familiar with swollen and aching feet. Compression socks offer the healing benefits of copper. Its anti-inflammatory properties help in soothing your muscles and aching feet. Copper socks help in easing skin inflammation and providing pain relief.
Provides soothes aching muscles, while the fabric maintains airflow so your feet stay fresh; Powerful moisture-wicking material with mesh venting blend keeps your feet cool and improves your feet performance, which is super comfortable for casual wear and sports activities.
- Improves blood circulation
Copper promotes the formation of new blood vessels from pre-existing vessels. When combined with compression socks, it helps in treat deep vein thrombosis (DVT), venous eczema, edema, and similar issues caused due to poor blood flow.
The ability to ward off bacteria and fungus in the foot area is another benefit of copper-infused socks. No more athlete’s foot!
- Suitable for Diabetics
People with diabetes sometimes have problems with circulation in their feet. Wearing copper-infused socks will help to alleviate that issue.
Who Should Use Copper Socks?
Copper socks are recommended for people who want soft feet free of calluses. They are particularly recommended for those who have blisters or any foot injuries since they help promote wound healing, which is especially beneficial for people with diabetes. Finally, they are recommended for anyone who wants to protect their feet from fungi or those with Athlete’s foot. In treating Athlete’s foot, fungi typically go away after 20 days of wearing the socks daily.